Attorney Tara M. Swartz
TARA M. SWARTZ
Attorney Tara M. Swartz founded Swartz Law in Boston, Massachusetts in 2011 after practicing in the Boston area for a decade. She opened her second office in downtown Kansas City, Missouri in 2016 after her family moved back to the city where she grew up. Attorney Swartz uses her skills honed in Boston over the past 15 years to assist employees, startups, and small business owners in matters relating to the workplace and business formation and compliance in Kansas and Missouri, while continuing to do so in Massachusetts.
Attorney Swartz is client focused and results driven. She understands that the cost of legal services is an important consideration in any legal matter and in choosing an attorney. She uses her experience, knowledge and advocacy to successfully avoid or resolve legal claims in a cost effective manner. Attorney Swartz knows how to aggressively litigate and does so when necessary, but she also understands that many cases are better and more quickly resolved through amicable, less costly means such as negotiation and mediation, and in the business context can often be avoided all together by taking proactive steps to comply with the law and be armed with solid contracts. Collaboration is key. Attorney Swartz works with you not just for you. She ensures from the start that she understands your issues and concerns, outlines your options, and helps you assess the time and expense of each potential avenue available so that as a team a decision can made about how best to proceed. She then works endlessly to achieve the desired results.
Attorney Swartz has been repeatedly named to the Massachusetts and New England Rising Star and Super Lawyers List in the field of labor and employment. She served as the Chair of the Amicus Committee for the Massachusetts Chapter of the National Employment Lawyers Association from 2012-2014. She is a graduate of the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, where she was a full-scholarship athlete on the Women’s Gymnastics Team, and Northeastern University School of Law.
- Massachusetts, 2002
- Missouri, 2015
- Kansas, 2015
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 2003
- Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
Degree earned: Juris Doctor
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts
Degrees earned: Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, Bachelor of Science in Sport Management
Honors: Full-Scholarship Athlete Women’s Gymnastics
- Chair and Faculty, MCLE Seminar: Top 10 FMLA Situations and Solutions, March, 2015
- Panelist, Northeastern University School of Law Annual Employment Law Seminar, 2014
- Faculty, MCLE Seminar: Annual Employment Law Conference, 2013
- Faculty, MCLE Video Deposition Module: Taking a Deposition in an Employment Law Case, 2013
- Faculty, MCLE Seminar: Mastering Discovery Deposition and Summary Judgment Strategies in Employment Cases, 2012
- Co-Chair and Faculty, MBA Seminar: Ethical Issues in Employment Law, 2002
Honors and Awards
- Massachusetts and New England Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2007-2009, 2013
- Massachusetts and New England Super Lawyers, 2014-2018
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a patented multiphase process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates and peer reviews by practice area. The result is a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of exceptional attorneys. Only 5 percent of lawyers in each state are selected to the Super Lawyers list and 2.5 percent to the Rising Stars list annually.
Contact Swartz Law Today
Look no further than Swartz Law for an employment and business attorney that you can trust to handle your legal claims. Call (816) 444-8900 today in the Kansas City area.